If only we could all live in our 20s and experience clear skin, wrinkle-free eyes and tight skin forever. However, as we all age our skin will lose some of its elasticity and as our exciting and emotional lives get longer, laugh lines will begin to appear around our lips, crow’s lines will creep up around our eyes, and lines across our foreheads will stare back at us in the mirror. But remind yourself that aging is a beautiful thing and can be accepted with grace, style, and a consistent skin care routine. With VIP Medical Aesthetics, we want to provide you with tips for keeping your skin smooth throughout your 20s and 30s. If you want more help from an aesthetician, contact us today for our concierge medicine services.
You may be thinking that your teens are in the past and you can forget about frightful mornings when you wake up with a pimple on your chin and you can finally ease into a life of simple care-free skin routines. But don’t get too comfortable quiet yet. The soft and smooth skin that you own in your 20s needs you to get in the habit now of a healthy routine that can provide the base for smooth skin for years to come. During this decade, you can support the collagen in your skin, protect it from sun damage, and keep your skin moist to prevent acne from creeping up.
- Your focus should be on protecting your skin from damage. There is no need to worry about anti-wrinkle creams and microdermabrasion just yet. Use a mild cleanser that is free from products that will dry out your skin. Choose a gel if your skin is oily or a milky cleanser if you have dry skin.
- Moisturizing is a must, but also choose one that has an SPF of 15 or 20 that will give your skin protection from both UVA and UVB. Use the lotion on your face, neck, chest, and hands and continue using it throughout the following years.
- To fill out your nighttime routine, use a hydrating fluid or an oil-free moisturizer. To help reduce fine lines, stimulate collagen, and treat acne, find a product that has vitamin A, like retinol.
Now it’s a little harder to avoid the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, especially around the eyes and mouth. Hopefully, you have picked up on skin-friendly habits like hydrating and avoiding fatty and sugary foods, but you may still be experiencing a loss of collagen and dull complexion. For this decade, focus on exfoliating. Using a retinoid at night will help with this, but for an additional exfoliant and if your skin isn’t too sensitive, try using a cleanser, moisturizer, or night cream. Find a product with glycolic or salicylic acid, but avoid harsh scrubs.
- Cleanse in the morning with alpha hydroxy acids for exfoliation and a creamy cleanser at night for moisture.
- Vitamins and UVA/UVB protection will be your skin’s best friends. Find a moisturizer with antioxidants or vitamin C to protect your skin from free radicals.
- In your 30s, your skin needs retinoid or retinol. Use a prescription retinoid or opt for a night cream or serum with retinol.
Starting a skincare routine early will help your skin remain smooth longer, but sometimes bigger results are needed. VIP Medical Aesthetics can help you out by providing chemical peels, Botox injections, and more. Contact our aestheticians today to learn more about our concierge medicine so you can enjoy these treatments in the comfort of your home. We also provide PRP injections, B12 injections and more!